Neteller is an excellent payment gateway to deposit and withdraw funds when gambling online. In fact, most online casinos in India accept Neteller as a payment method.
In this guide, we will explain in detail how you can make use of Neteller on Indian online casinos. Learn how to set up a Neteller account, how to deposit/withdraw, fees and everything else in between.
What Is a Neteller Account?
A Neteller account is an e-wallet account. It allows you to send or receive money from online merchants such as online casino operators. Neteller is so widely used that it processes online payments for 85% of online gambling operators.
Neteller is not only used as a payment method for online gambling. On thousands of E-commerce websites, Neteller is integrated as a payment gateway for online transactions.
Neteller is so easy to use that all you need to create is a user account, which takes less than a few minutes. This is a more easier option as many local banks shy away from allowing deposits to betting wallets online.
How to Create a Neteller Account in India
Creating a Neteller account in India is not rocket science. This process is simple and can be accomplished in simple steps outlined below:
- Sign-up with Neteller. First step is to visit Neteller’s official website and locate the “join for free’ tab. The “join for free” tab can be located on the top right corner besides the “sign in” tab. On locating it, click on it to start the sign-up process.
- Fill in your details. Clicking on the “join for free” tab brings a register form application to fill. Details to be filled include personal details like first name, last name, E-mail address, and a secret password. Once you complete this step, your account is created immediately.
- Fund your account. All you need to do next is make a deposit by clicking the “first steps” tab on your dashboard. Choose your country of residence and the currency you want your account to read, in this case Indian Rupees. After this, you are redirected to a page to supply your personal details like your date of birth, sex and residential address.
- Choose gambling or non-gambling account. During deposit, you are requested to specify if the funds to be deposited are either for “gambling” or “non-gambling” purpose. Most Indian banks only allow transfer of funds for non-gambling purposes. Most times, if you choose for gambling, your transaction will be declined. So, it’s advisable to use another e-wallet like Skrill to fund your Neteller if you want to use your funds for gambling.
- Set security questions and pin. After making a deposit, you will need to set 3 security questions that only you will know the answer to. This is needed just in case your account gets blocked and you need to get it active. Also, you need to set a 6-digit pin for making transfers with your Neteller account.
- Verify your identity. To accomplish this, you need to upload an official document that will verify your identity. Documents that can be uploaded include Drivers License, International Passport or NID. Any document to be uploaded must be original copy.
- Verify your residential address. To do this, you need to upload any document that validates the address you supplied on sign-up. Most times, a bank statement will suffice. You can also upload a utility bill.
Is Neteller Legal in India?
Yes, using Neteller is legal in India as a medium of funds transfer. There is no Indian law that restricts the use of Neteller as a channel to receive or transfer funds.
Banks in India will readily transfer to your Neteller account in 1-3 business working days as long as it’s not for gambling purposes.
How to Deposit Money in Neteller From India
Depositing money to your Neteller account is very easy. There are different methods you can use to fund your Neteller account. Available methods include Bank transfer, use of Credit/Debit Cards, you can also make use of other e-wallets. Major e-wallets used includes Skrill and Paytm.
Nevertheless, if you want to deposit funds from your Neteller account to your online betting wallet, e-wallets are highly recommended. Indian banks only allow transfers to and from Neteller account if it’s not for gambling. An easy way is to use Skrill or Paytm to fund your account, then subsequently fund your betting wallet.
Steps to Deposit Money From Local Indian Bank Account to Neteller
Funding your Neteller account using your local Indian bank is quite easy. To deposit from your local Indian bank account to Neteller, follow the following steps below.
- Sign in to your Neteller account and locate the “Money in” section on your dashboard. Click on this tab to display deposit channels available to use. Choose the “Local Bank Deposit” option.
- After step 1 above, enter your desired amount for deposit into the space provided. Click on continue to confirm your transaction. A page will open for you to fill necessary banking information needed to complete your funds deposit. Deposits are completed by transferring funds from your bank account to your Neteller account using different banking channels.
- Available banking channels to use include telephone banking, online banking or a walk-in to your local branch. Include your 12-digit Neteller ID in your banking form IF you are using your local bank branch. If you are using Online banking, use Neteller as the payee under “Bill Payments”.
Note that using this option is quite slow as it may take 1-3 business working days to complete. Also stating that you want to make the transfer to your Neteller wallet for gambling purposes will make your local bank decline your request.
Steps to Deposit Money From Skrill to Neteller
Skrill is another e-wallet you can make use of to make deposits to your Neteller account. To deposit funds to your Neteller account from a Skrill account, the following steps can be used to achieve this:
- The first step is to log in to your Neteller account. Then click on the “Money in” option on the dashboard. After this, the different deposit channels are displayed including Skrill. Choose Skrill as a deposit option and fill in the amount you intend to deposit. Click on the “continue” tab to proceed with the transaction.
- After step 1 above, you will be redirected to a secured page to log in to your Skrill account. Enter our correct details and log in. Once in, your available balance will be visible to you and you can click on the “Pay Now” button to complete the transaction.
- Click on the continue button to go back to your Neteller account. After which you will get a confirmation message that your transaction has been processed. You will also get a confirmation e-mail telling you of the transaction success.
This option is a very fast means of funds transfer as it is completed in seconds. For speed of transaction, this medium is highly recommended.
Steps to Deposit Money From Paytm to Neteller
Deposits using Paytm cannot be done directly. To achieve this, a trusted 3rd party merchant site will have to be used.
Deposit Processing Times
- Local bank to Skrill: 1-3 working days
- Skrill to Neteller: Instant
How to Withdraw Money From Neteller in India
Doing withdrawals from Neteller can be done using many channels. This includes withdrawals to Indian banks, Skrill, or a merchant site. Note that gambling funds cannot be withdrawn to a local Indian bank account as this would be declined.
Steps to Withdraw Money From Neteller to Indian Bank Account
To withdraw from Neteller to Indian bank account, use the following steps below:
- Click on the “Money out” tab on your Neteller account dashboard. After withdrawal channels have been displayed, select “Bank withdrawal”. Then click on “continue”.
- The next step is to fill in your bank details. You are advised to fill in capital letters correctly. Then you confirm your bank and click on “Confirm”.
- Input your desired withdrawal amount. Check the box to agree to the terms. Finally click on “withdraw now”.
Steps to Withdraw Money From Neteller to Skrill
Another method that can be used is withdrawal to a Skrill account. The steps to do this are shown below:
- The first step is to sign in to your Skrill account. Then click on “deposit” choosing Neteller as your preferred option. Then click on “next”.
- Enter your desired amount to be deposited. Also enter the email address registered to your Neteller account along with your secure ID 6-digit code. Click on ‘Upload’ to finish the withdrawal process.
Steps to Withdraw Money From Neteller to PayPal
Withdrawal to PayPal cannot be done directly as you will have to make use of a trusted 3rd party merchant site that accepts Neteller funds.
Withdrawal Processing Times
- Indian bank account: 3-5 working days
- Neteller to Skrill: Instant
Which Banks in India Support Neteller?
Virtually most banks in India support Neteller transfers. For faster transfer, it’s advised to make use of ICICI Bank. Other popular banks like State Bank of India (SBI), HDFC Bank, HSBC, Bank of Baroda etc. also support Neteller.
There are varying fees attached to funds transfer and withdrawals from Neteller:
- Another Neteller account: Free
- Local Bank transfer: 3.99% of withdrawn amount
- E-wallets (Skrill): 3.99% (if there’s a foreign exchange)
- 3rd party merchant site: 3.99% (if there’s a foreign exchange)